Izulu Village is a rustic, clean budget lodge set up for international volunteers, 4x4ers, Mountain bikers, rope adventurers and anyone who wants to escape. This is the area where King Shake went about ruling the African tribes to form the Zulu nation. Izulu is the Zulu word for Heaven and that is what the area is, on the banks of the uMhlathuze River and with the Ongoya Mountain range as our backdrop.
Adventures offered are: 4x4 safaris and adventures, mountain biking, absailing and rappelling, quad biking, and zulu culture tours.
- Double Room R175 per room
- Dorm Room R70 per person
- Camping R50 per person
- Bush Camp R25 per person
- R150 per vehicle (Bush camp is on the 4x4 trail)
- Breakfast R20
- Lunch R30
- Dinner R40
4x4 Training Facility
All drivers must undergo a once-off safety and instruction briefing before driving the trail. We also offer an amazing bush braai for private or corporate groups. The Bainage trail is a 2km training facility with the following obstacles:
- River cross
- Sand driving
- Big ascends and descends
- Rock hopping
- Camber driving
- Axle articulation
R100 for Safety and Instruction briefing per driver.
R150 per vehicle.
Hire of training facility R1500 (11th vehicle or more is R150 per vehicle)
Bainage Bush Braai R95 per person, all inclusive.
Safaris and Adventures
- 70km Ongoye Forest trail R200 per vehicle
- tribal trail R125 per vehicle
(Tview Ongoye Mountain range, local orphanage, chief’s village with Shabeen stops)
- Tribal trail with abseil / rappelling with lunch
R125 per vehicle and R250 per person
- 5-Day Lesotho safaris R850 per day (Max 5 vehicles)
- 3-Day Mozambique safaris R850 per day (Max 5 vehicles)
- 1-Day local out-ride R100 per person
- 2-Day local out-ride and abseil/rappel with dinner and breakfast.
- R400 per person excl. drinks, tent & bedding
- 2-Day Ongoye Forest out-ride with dinner and breakfast
- R330 per person excl. drinks, tent & bedding
- 1-Day local rope adventure with lunch R250 per person
- 4hr Quad out-rides
- R550 incl. Quad bike
- R150 excl. Quad bike
Bainage has many options as far as our local culture is concerned with both modern and historic Zulu living. Please enquire for more details.
~ to look after orphans in their distress ~
Sub A of Riverview
Tel/Fax: +27 35 792 8038
Cell: 083 649 9990 /
084 600 9947
Our objectives are to:
- Look after and provide a home for orphans in their distress (James 1 vs 27).
- Raise the orphans to become educated, confident and self-sufficient adults.
- School the orphans who rely on the organisation.
- Grow fruit and vegetables to be self-sustaining to feed the orphans.
- To teach the orphans about agriculture.
- To buy the surrounding farm land to set up cluster homes to have the orphans living in the best family environment possible.
- To provide more jobs by employing those living in the area to care for the orphans.
- Uplift the surrounding communities by running a project called Moo Poo where kraal manure is collected, sieved and sold as fertilizer.
- To bring in tourists to volunteer and learn about our situation in South Africa.
- To set up tourism projects like bike tours through the beautiful tribal land.
|< Prev||Next >|